Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The checklist...and adventures in Laundry Soap

I've been trying to make this my mental checklist for anything I decide to put time into these days and it has actually started to be pretty handy. I'm sometimes one of those people who tends to be a little impulsive when I get, what I think, is a good idea. (See exhibit A)
I will leave it at that for now, but I will say my husband was less than impressed when he came home to our coffee table in multiple pieces! 

Anyway, I did recently cut out some time to make up laundry soap.  In using my checklist I determined that my old process was not worth the time (prep, wait, package-24 hour process) or the space...
I've become a laundry soap bottle hoarder! So, first step, clear out the two cupboards worth of empty bottles and gather my ingredience. 


*1 box of Borax
*1 box of Washing Soda
*3lbs OxiClean Free
*2 bars of Zote White (Grated)
*1 box of Baking Soda (You'll only use 2 cups; I just bought the big box on sale)
*1 bottle of Purex Crystals (optional...and when I do this again I'll leave them out, but they do make everything smell nice.) 

Here's where the Rocket Science starts...you just mix all the ingredients in a big pot! The only part that took effort was grating the Zote and I called that my arm workout for the day! 


After it was all mixed I pored it into these jars...
Each load uses less than 2 table spoons and I'll have to give a future update, but I'm convinced I won't be making more laundry soap for at least 6 months! (All for the price of roughly 1 months supply of Tide!) ...and it looks so much cuter sitting in my cupboard than 8 empty jugs! 

Enjoy,
SJ


No comments:

Post a Comment